Tuesday, February 3, 2009



Wet, warm feet.
This is on the banks of the Missouri River.
More Trail Still to Go!!!

Good Morning!  On Sunday I went on a snowy, muddy, wonderful run about 45 minutes outside of the city at Weldon Springs.  Last week in a coffee shop I overheard two people talking and one recommended Weldon Springs to his friend and I wrote the name down on my homework.  And it is really a great trail system along the Missouri river.  Unlike the Northwest, where there are deep, rich, green colors in the forest all year-round, Missouri becomes shades of brown in the winter, stark sunlight shines through 100% bare trees and crisp, dead oak leaves cover the ground.  It's a different kind of natural beauty... and I'll take any day trail running in it I can get. 
There was snow, mud, deer tracks, raccoon tracks and really not too much else on the trail.  Even though it was a Sunday, there weren't that many people out there.  After listening to music for the first hour of the run, I decided to take my earphones out and....there was wind noise, bird noises, Scout running through the trees noise and I left the earphones out for the rest of the run.   



1 comment:

  1. So beautiful, having to take a break from the runs because of knee pain, missing it a damn lot, but it is so nice to read this account, glad the heartland is letting you in... taking a liking for the browns and crisp winters, wait till spring and summer hits, the lazy rivers and hopefully a trip to the ozarks... miss you two already, k

    ReplyDelete