Thursday, January 1, 2009

Made It!

Yes, after 5 hards days of driving, here is home for the year.  It is the first day of the new year and it feels like a first day of a new endeavor.  This makes sense, because it is.  I am having trouble with my cell phone, so I am sorry that I haven't called anyone.  
We arrived here  two days early than planned after being turned South at the Minnesota boarder.  After Snow, chains, avalanches, drifts, and snow plows, ice on the roads in Minnesota made the drive feel impossibly dangerous and long and instead of seeing John and Becca, we stayed at another Motel 8 in Sioux Falls...not even close to the same thing and I was super disappointed.  From Sioux Falls, it was another long day of driving and we arrived here in St Louis around 8pm  last night.  Whew.  Scout got introduced to the four dogs that live here and her anal glands and nervous energy stunk up the whole house.  Justins family, including the dogs, are all so welcoming and it feels easy and good to be here.  And I just want to be easy on myself.  Allow myself to adjust and not take on too much...actually what I mean is; I want to not overwhelm myself with expectations for myself and negativity and break down in front of his family.  There, it's out and that's the truth.  And that is part of the reason for this blog.  To be able to share what is happening with me, but have it be public enough that I won't want to focus on the negative and write like it's a personal diary.  I am tricking myself into looking at the positive ha ha!  And it is working so far.  It's a good thing, not hard to do, but easy to forget when I feel overwhelmed.  
I wish I could post some pictures from the road, and of where I am right now.  I received a digi-cam for Christmas which is still en-route.  All I had was a disposable camera on the road.  So, pictures are forth-coming.
NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
Get into Paramedic School (entrance exam is tomorrow, should be studying)
Do well in St Louis Marathon
Do well in Paramedic School
Stay Physically Strong
Focus on Positive
Write letters and stay in contact with friends and family
There are always more personal ones that I am working on year-round that mostly have to do with being kind to humanity and nature.
All right, take care and I hope you all had  happy celebrations last night.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and Happy New Year! I am sorry that you missed seeing friends but I have a feeling that you will be seeing them soon. You are so close to Minnesota, you will do it. PLus.....we are driving through in May, the very beginning. Wahoo!!!
    We will get to see where you live and we will officially see each other in our relationships. FINALLY! I know you will get into school, no worries.
    I loved reading your resolutions. I need to be more serious about mine. I only have one- Be the best version of myself possible.

    LOve you tons! Heather

    ReplyDelete