Monday, January 5, 2009

It's the morning and classes start tonight.  I am savoring the feeling of having nothing hanging over my head.  Not having the feeling that I SHOULD be studying, or homework...I am enjoying reading what I please, and just relaxing mentally. But I know a lot of friends who are also starting classes this week, and they understand exactly what I mean.
This week we have a free guest card to a really hoity-nice gym that not only has a great work-out facility, but saunas, hot tubs, steam rooms.  When I am in there by myself I think of al the great steam-rooms and saunas I have taken with girlfriends.  
There's a lot of moving going on and we spent eight hours hauling boxes yesterday.  Right now, here is the living situation;  there are five dogs in the house.  Imagine what it is like while we are eating dinner.  Under the table are five dogs silently smashed in and every once in a while surfacing to give you a heartfelt stare and beg for attention or maybe just a LITTLE bit of food.  Then there are five adults in the house.  Justins parents are in the process of moving to a new home, so the house is being slowly boxed up and moved to the new location 2 miles away...there is a lot to be done and it feels like I am earning my keep through helping the moving process.  
I am excited to explore the trails and nature around St Louis.
I signed up for a 10k race on the 17th (birthday run for my DAD).
My bike is in the shop getting fixed up and new handlebar tape, silver.
I want to get my hair high-lighted so it looks like I spent the fall in Hawaii.
I miss you and love you all
Adriana

3 comments:

  1. You made it! I can just imagine the five dogs! Maybe you could get Cesar Milan to come.....
    I know how you feel about school. I spent Sunday crying because I did not want to start all over again. This week is nuts! Oh well, I guess we are all moving forward and it takes alot of work. Only a year and 1/2 left of graduate school. Bleh!
    Love you tons, hang in there,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAh. Hot tubs and Saunas. We've taken countless together. I am in the process of trying to find a hoity toity gym myself. Something classy and fun...something a princess like me could get into.
    Fondue was a huge success, blues dancing was as well, and I begin volunteering as a skinner at the Burke museum next week!
    I can picture exactly the look scout gives you from under the table. I love you!
    xoxox carm

    ReplyDelete