Thursday, January 15, 2009

Important Paramedic Questions

Here are a list of questions I have now that I am in PARAMEDIC SCHOOL that I cannot find time to ask during class.
Can we talk more about Lactic Acid?
When we talk about Fight or Flight mode...and you say that in the flight mode your digestive tract shuts down and you won't excrete anything. Why do people have to take a dump when they get scared?
If medications are easily, and better, absorbed through the colon, does that mean that we may absorb our own poop particles as it sits in our small intestines?
Heroin and other IV drug users must be really good at starting IV lines and would do very well at finding veins on patients. I mean, they can find veins between toes!
Why don't we have shoot pressurized medication through the skin like the army does? Then we wouldn't have to bother with needles.

1 comment:

  1. I love your descriptions of the dogs! Well, I think I finally have everything I need for -40 degree weather. Snow pants, hand warmers, sorel boots (really hard to find right now!) and a travel tea mug. I'm getting really excited to be back in the field, tracking lynx, and actually getting to see them! One nagging worry and question I have is, will i be able to get lobster or is that a summer thing?

    ReplyDelete